McClellan students will achieve academic and personal success and become responsible, productive citizens. They will develop knowledge and skills that will prepare them for success in a variety of post-graduation options and in their adult lives.
The staff of McClellan High School commits to the following vision for our school and ourselves:
- We will develop and maintain a safe, nurturing family environment, supporting our diverse population of staff and students.
- We will build positive connections with students to help them achieve independence and success academically, socially, physically, and emotionally.
- We will provide challenging, engaging academic courses based on current standards and focused on student learning.
- We will provide a variety of extracurricular opportunities, facilitating student connection to school and student growth.
- We will direct students to a broad variety of post-graduation options, and we will equip them with the knowledge and skills they need to achieve success.
- We will be highly qualified in our positions, continuously learning and improving our skills.
Developing integrity, responsibility, and respect - for now and for the future.
A Brief History
A Brief History
McClellan High School was established in 1988. The name, “McClellan Continuation High School” was suggested because McClellan Air Force Base was the largest employer in the area, and a large segment of the community was composed of Air Force personnel at the time. The school board thought that the base could be a connection for students. It was originally suggested that the Air Force motto of “Aim High” be adopted as the school motto, and that a falcon or Air Force planes be the school’s mascot. On August 17, 1988, the Center Unified School District Board approved the name, “McClellan High School”.
The school opened in the 1988-1989 school year, and was originally housed in the St. Andrew’s Church building at 7850 Watt Avenue. In the 1990-1991 school year, McClellan High School moved to 8340 Watt Avenue, the current location of the district offices. For the 1994-1995 year, the school was moved to its current location.
The facility at 8725 Watt Avenue was originally built as an elementary school in 1960. It has also served as a high school, a junior high, and as the district offices before being designated as McClellan High School in 1994.